Sunday, June 15, 2008

Then there were 20...



Wow...my photo came out really small...lol.






I graciously acknowledge that I have some catching up to do. For my absence, I will graciously drop, and give you 20.



1. I wasn't able to locate my biological father today. Every Father's Day, I search, to no avail.



I feel blessed that I get to continue on with a ritual...I'll hunt for him again next year.



2. For the phone call I made to the man who adopted me, I am thankful. I'm sure he sat there, listening to me struggle for words on his answering machine....but at least I made the first move.



He is my Father, after all.



3. For the LARABAR. (I have only had the Apple and the Jocolat; BOTH ARE SO GOOD!)



No, no....dont just skim over this, and move on...just try one of these things. They're REALLY good....



My girlfriend Linda came by my house one morning, and she had one she shared with me. Eating them reminds me how good it felt to have a friend love me enough to share her candy with me...



And these are so good, that I , MYSELF, probably would NOT have shared. They are delicious, but remind me to be kind at the same time.

And they're 90% raw, totally organic, sugar free, wheat free, gluten and dairy FREE, no soy....



Just FOOD. Yum.



4. For a few packages of magnets that will go out in tomorrow's mail. I had fun picking out which ones I'd send to whom, and decorating the packages.....



I'm so thankful to be supported in my quest to find a cure for cancer.



5. For surprises that I almost cant hold in, but I know that I have to....I have the MOST BEAUTIFUL surprise. I am SO excited to be part of a solution...



You'd never believe....



OK, soon. I promise.



6. For Arnold Palmer's. ICE cold ones...



7. For Silence. I don't care what ANYONE says, Silence is GOLDEN.



8. For my homemade Potato Salad. I can't go wrong, and at every BBQ, people request it. I feel so proud of this Salad....(I just wish I knew what I did exactly that made it taste so good! Every time I make it, I fear it wont taste the same as before, because I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW what I'm doing!



It's just ALWAYS good...every time.



9. For my quiche....same as above.



10. For optimism; it does so much for my life experience to understand the power of my own perspective. There is such power in our choices.



I am so thankful.



11. For important manuscripts that are printed and ready to be sent off, until I find a happy face on the back, colored in green crayola.



It was the heavens pointing out what I had accomplished, all while raising a 3 year old.



I can print it again...but the time I have right NOW with that little boy, I will never get back.



12. For a job I LOVE, that I can do in my pajama's with the music on, happy faces made of white Play Dough on my desk, and Dora the Explorer singing down the hall. I love my job...



13. For Moon and Star shaped Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, with pretzels and fresh strawberries on the front lawn.



14. For the notes inside the jar to my right.



15. For the man that I think about all of the time, and for the love that I feel for him. I wonder if he knows what he means to me.



16. For tranquility in my temple; my Home, as well as my Center.



17. For heart ache....



Any feeling other than LOVE, leaves my heart to ache. Who does this really hurt? Their heart, or mine? I love MYSELF more than to allow another day of heart ache over the distaste I have toward someone else.



No love, no hate. No pain....no gain, either, unfortunately. But the cycle stops here, and I appreciate that CHOICE.



It just IS.



18. For dreams that come true. I cant say it enough....I'm so excited.



My God...the power of choice is incredible. It's ALL up to me. It's so obvious, and so CLEAR...I get it. It's all coming into full alignment according to a divine PLAN, and I am the Co-Founder.



Gotcha.



Finally....no, really...I get it.



19. For the feeling of utter fluidity, in a life filled with every twist and turn imaginable. No, I do not know what LIFE might throw in my direction, but I can tell you that I will ALWAYS be in the best possibly position to WELCOME whatever it may be.



I am prepared, God. I am LOVING this life.



I am loving it now more than ever as I realize what I am capable of when I follow my bliss, and MAKE my dreams a reality.



Life is awesome when we CHOOSE joy. And JOY is our BIRTHRIGHT.....



20. For Harry S. Truman, this Father's Day, who said,



"I have found that the best way to give advice to a child is to find out what they want, and then, advise them to do it"!



Count your blessings; the big ones, the small ones, and every one of them in between...not at the end of each day, but all day long, be grateful, and whisper "thank you" for the many gifts that are bestowed upon you each day, each hour, each moment.



And love one another.



Elle










5 comments:

Karen Kroner said...

I love you!!! I do... I can help you find him, I just need a name and an approx. DOB... let me know.. it's your call!!

MrsSuperDave said...

That was so beautiful and well stated my friend! The blessings of this life are abundant! Its something we all need to stop and look at every day! My biggest blessing today-My 3 year old big boy telling me he loves me so much and thanking me for his birthday! And oh those toddler kisses! What could be better! I too LOVE my job!

Lisa O'Keeley said...

I am almost speechless. I love to bathe in your blog. Woman! I love you with my whole heart. You rock!

I love the part about the green Crayola happy face. That is so cool. Way to go on acceptance and love. I have so much to learn from you.

Now about this surprise- this BIG thing that it seems to me- you have manifested. SPILL GIRL!!! You're killin' me here! WHAT IS IT?!?!?!
=D

Jenny said...

Every day you amaze me! No matter what you always find blessings just in every day life. One of my favorite blessings is getting up early and even while it is still dark outside listening to the birds singing. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me.

Coffee First said...

Elle, your blog is ALWAYS uplifting. Always positive. What a safe, snug and secure place to come to everyday with my coffee :)