Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It only looks bad....




But really, it isn't bad at all.


1. Thank you for small, safe, intimate places. For the safety in my blankets, and the warmth from the fireplace, and the light of the half moon. My children sleeping soundly, my heart full of love for the world around me, and my sense of purpose shining through in my personal joy.


I am blessed in these small, intimate places.


2. Thank you for layers of love. Layer upon layer of love surrounds me, protecting me from the harsh realities of what I might otherwise face with fear and anger. No matter how I scream and shout, the layers of love will comfort me. No matter how I cry, kick, yell, curse or collapse, those layers remain all around me. I will always be cushioned, as long as I surround myself in LOVE.


I am blessed to be comforted by layers of love.


3. Thank you for really big dreams. I'm so close to reaching this dream, and I feel so blessed to be chosen to share a message. I feel so blessed to be in the place that I am right now in my life where I am able to truly follow my bliss, and participate in a monumental movement to save lives.


I am so blessed to have big dreams. I promise to always follow them.


4. Thank you for The Station. Stationary. I can always count on my Station, inside me, when I need a quiet place to check the map. I can always get back to The Station, every route will always lead you back to The Station, and no matter which trolley you hop on, chances are...you will eventually end up back at The Station. It's all temporary...look out the window, see the sights....get off the trolley if you dare. It's OK, because another trolley will always be along, with whatever opportunity is headed your way, and do you know what? Inevitably, you end up right back at The Station. So enjoy the ride...each leg of the trip only lasts so long, and we can go ANYWHERE we choose.


How blessed we are though, to always have The Station, our Center. My Center is where God awaits me.


Seems, He is always at the Station...Thank you God for always waiting patiently.


5. Thank you for the word, "Knapsack".


Does anyone ever say that anymore?


(It makes me crack up...)


OK, back into my layers....


Love,

Elle

5 comments:

sophie_sue24 said...

Love you much. I am just a phone call away.

Coffee First said...

I love the comforting feel of my cozy blankets at the end of a long day. The way you wrote this, is amazing and lovely. You are amazing and lovely and strong, best friend.

Monique said...

I had a very bad day yesterday. Fighting with Elliot and what not. But, I did remember how LOVE conquers all b/c of YOU ELLE! I held Amari tightly and the hug soaked those tears right up. I get to use you as my shrink and the good part is your FREE!

MrsSuperDave said...

Oh Elle! I miss ya over there already! but I totally understand. I had myself a meltdown yesterday over my 3 year old! And some other junk too. Seems it all piles up at once!
Your blessings are such a refresher! They brighten my day! Im praying for you and loving you from afar, soul sister!
Jill

Tracy said...

I love you my sister. The station is always there with a new trolley to start a new journey..a new journey with so much love and happiness. I am glad to have you my sister. I am sending this hug your way...hold it tightly and it will always be there when you need it!